Monday, November 17, 2008

Girlfight

Well, the fight has reached epic proportions. Not Helm's Deep, but Minas Tirith. Not The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, but prince Caspian. Bloodier, darker, and generally more twisted. And now more people are involved.

Let's go into the ring, shall we?

On one side, you've got Harris and Liza, fighting for the cause of...whatever they're fighting for. Harris has got a boyfriend now. His life is coming together. Liza's now got issues with the other side...

Which is Rory and Jimmy, fighting for their pain, suffering, and in Jimmy's case, plain dislike of Liza. Because he effing hates her guts. I have nothing to say to him.

The neutral ones are me and Sheets, and neutrality is risky now. Although both parties know where we stand, the neutrality isn't doing us any favors. We're the poor sad referrees that have got to jump out of the way before we get an uppercut to the jaw. Jimmy and Liza's feud has got me involved too, and now Liza is completely mad at me. I haven't actually seen Liza in awhile, so this, while upsetting, isn't leading me to slit my wrists. Although I did miss her, and I didn't mean to offend her.

The problem is now they've got Rory's number. And Liza called her. Harris went friend diving for her number and came up with the right one. He asked us and we said outright no, which led him to say we worship Rory.

To respond to this. no we don't. We respect her, partially because she's been entirely trustworthy all along, and I've got no reason to doubt her personally, and partially because she didn't go friend diving for anybody's numbers just to settle a poisonous vendetta. I respect Rory enogh not to jeapordize my friendship with her because Liza's mad at me. I can't control that. She's been a good friend, and has handled herself very well, given the circumstances. The same can't be said for Jimmy. This weekend's drama wouldn't even have happened had he just sucked it up like Rory and Harris did and handled a good three hours with Liza. It wasn't all that big. That, and he used Liza to fight with me. He used his crap with Liza to pick a fight with me, then impersonated Harris (pretty badly, I might add. It didn't take me long to see through it.) to get me to concede.

At this stage in the war, neutrality no longer flies. And I know who's side I'm on.

Only in order to support the cause I identify and agree with, I've got to let what this guy said go.

He manipulated me, same as who ever else did. If Harris was doing it before, he's doing it now. And it's not fair. And he's screwing phantom possibilities up for me. He put me in a position where I had to ask like I was a little girl. And I did the right thing...I did what he told me to. And he proceeds to fight with me. AND drag me into a fight that isn't mine. His vendetta with Liza was not my business, despite what people say.

I'm done with the fighting, same as Sheets is. But if I can help stop it, I will.

This is getting entirely twisted.

And I'm quite finished with this whole thing.

And I want no part in it, unless I can help stop it.

And I don't want to put a band-aid on a broken leg of a friendship because that's the only way. There had better be another way.

And I don't want to ruin anything potentially good. That's not good for me.

This fight is hurting even the spectators. And I do NOT want to have to get in that damn ring. But I'll do it. Only if it's needed.

God, I hope it's not needed.

~*~*~*~

20/25 on my history quiz.
Things are definately looking up for me.

No comments: