Monday, October 6, 2008

Control

Hey, everyone. Just back from my history test. I finished so early I got out of class early. Now I'm in the basement, feeling like talking, so here I am.

I'm not feeling much of anything, really. I've said what I needed to say. I just feel like talking. About randomness. So here goes.

I really wanted to see the new Chris Rock special. Very badly. I don't have HBO, so after it came on I spent a whi9le trying to track it down, and I finally find it on the Chinese version of youtube. Everything's in Chinese. (Thank God the pause, play, forward and backward buttons are universal, because that would have bit.) Anyway, it's taking a good while to load, and I get about halfway through before it conks out and refuses to load any more. Seriously, with a new flawless mac, I should be able to watch Chinese hosted videos whenever I please. Heh.

Well, as I watched Chris Rock's witty observations about this year's campaign, it got me thinking. Both have severe flaws in their campaigns, both have some strengths. I went researching Obama and Clinton during the primary, I feel like I should do some research on McCain and find out what evil is lesser. If I can't decide, I think I'll just vote for the Independent category (as a registered Independent, this seems natural, except that it's Nader.) or some other minor party. Granted, the votes are all going toward the Democrats or the Republicans. I want my first vote to matter. Especially because of my independent registering, I couldn't vote in the primary, much to my mother's delight. At the time, I liked Obama, she was a devout Clintonite. She got to tear up my ballot.

Anyway, now that Independents get their say as well in the upcoming election, perhaps we should be the ones to tip the scales of even blue and red states. We matter, and we should take control of our country. Because Independents are third party, they don't get the recogniton they need and very often deserve. Who are the politicians you hear about the most? Democrats and Republicans. They are the ones who watched as gas prices went up, and as our economy fizzled and died.

McCain's the one who dropped everything to save the economy, forgetting that Presidents have to juggle, and Obama's the one who not only put his no doubt expensive campaign before our sickened economy, but schmoozed the media.

Well, I'm bored, and I've decided to research. The economy's not really my cup of tea, so I decided to research the energy policies on our Independent, Democrat, and Republican nominees.

First up: Nader.
http://www.votenader.org/issues/energy/
(I don't feel like typing.)

Next: Obama.
http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/newenergy
(Again, my fingers hurt from that rant. Maybe I'm well informed, maybe I'm not. If I'm not, Im getting informed now.)

Last: McCain.
http://www.johnmccain.com//Informing/Issues/17671aa4-2fe8-4008-859f-0ef1468e96f4.htm
(One thing I'd like to note, McCain refers to it as American Energy. the other two are just energy. Do I really need to say it?)

I plan to read up before I vote. I think you all should too.

[I did not mean to start ranting. It just fell out.]

Anyway, on to other matters.

I'm in the library. Rory's out there somewhere. I may just abandon my computer to look for her. I can't find Jani either. I'll find them. One day.

I'll talk to you all later.

No comments: