Saturday, December 20, 2008

Captain Walker

"Captain Walker didn't come home..."

My cousin died today.

He got shot, which is the only thing I know. I spent all day with my dad's side of the family, who I haven't seen collectively in nearly a year.

I was playing Tales of Symphonia yesterday, and I had no idea that that was my cousin's last day.

Apparently, he went to a funeral, then he was with his girlfriend and two of his friend started shooting at each other and he got caught in the crossfire.

One thing I can't aquaint myself with is the fact that he's dead. I hadn't seen him in a while, so...I feel bad, because I haven't really seen him. I'm not sure if we were ever close like the way Danny and him were, or the way Ginie and I used to be.

It isn't fair. He was like 22. He had a kid. He left behind a grieving family, a toddler, her mother, a grieving girlfriend...

They caught two guys for questioning. That's all I know. His friends carried him five blocks to the hospital and they worked on him for maybe twenty or forty minutes before they decided that they couldn't save him. Apparently he got shot a few times through the back and maybe once through the neck maybe, that's the way I heard my dad describe it.

Jonathan got me through this whole day. He kept me entertained, with his relationship issues and teasing me about my relationship situation. Things like "How's your Joey? Not my Joey, but your Joey." When I told him I didn't have a boyfriend, he was like "That's because it's not official yet." This got a laugh out of me, and he was the only one to do it. Rory and Sheets had their Rory Sheets day, so I didn't want to ruin their day. I called Rory, meaning to tell her, but she never answered, and I called Sheets, but I got the vibe that this was their day, so I decided not to bother them. Harris was out of contact all day, and according to Jonathan, he's with Liza. So Jonathan singlehandedly made this day better. That I have to thank him for. He was a good friend to me today. I'll tell Harris, Rory, and Sheets tomorrow. They probably had a good day, so I don't want to depress them. Plus, there's supposed to be another Tales of Symphonia Day, anyway. I've got to tell them. They'd understand, or at least try to help me through this. That's what friends are for, right?

My cousins have decided baking helps the heart mend, so that's what we've been doing. Baking. I made my cookies, with a marble twist, Ginie and Tricia's cousin Amanda made cupcakes, Andrew made brownies. We all made something. I just managed to get away from the frosting and the cake mix long enough to write this blog, which I really needed to write. I needed the time to get everything straightened out in my head.

I still can't believe it. Every few minutes I have to stop myself from asking where he is. Because I know, and everybody knows, what happened today.

Got to eat now. Bye.

~*~*~*~

Hi.

Harris and Liza stopped by here when I called him. They stood here for like an hour to be sure I was okay. Thanks Harris and Liza.

Tales of Symphonia is supposed to be today. Can't wait.

No comments: